Authentic & Original Vietnam Paintings & Artworks by Talented Vietnamese Artists | Nguyen Art Gallery
Nguyen Art Gallery has been established for original and quality Vietnamese paintings since 2006. We are recognized as one of the Top 10 Best Fine Art Galleries in Hanoi, Vietnam. The name Nguyen Art means “Original Art”. The Gallery’s objective is to promote quality art from Vietnamese artists. Almost all artworks in our Gallery are oil on canvas paintings and lacquer paintings (son mai). The Gallery focuses on emerging Vietnamese artists. Their artworks express and communicate the imaginative aspects of their culture and reflect concerns that range broadly from the spiritual and aesthetic to the social and political.
Nguyen Art Gallery carries paintings using many traditional Vietnamese materials; these include lacquer painting (son mai paintings), charcoal paintings, and watercolor paintings on “Do” paper; as well as painting using such popular materials such as oil on canvas, acrylic on canvas.
These contemporary artworks are showcased in Nguyen Art Gallery which welcomes local access and also allows visitors from all over the world to cross the globe virtually and increase their understanding of quality art from Vietnam. The gallery love to show you many artworks from young talented and famous Vietnamese artists. Since it first opened in 2006, the Gallery has always looked for and found new faces in Vietnamese art and regularly supports them. The Gallery also holds regular exhibitions for young artists as well as the already well-known ones at its venue.
The artworks may be purchased directly from the Gallery in Hanoi or they may be viewed and ordered online on the website and we will ship the artwork worldwide. We do hope you enjoy our collection of Vietnamese artworks and paintings.
Exploring the Exquisite Artist Collection
NGO BA CONG
Material: Lacquer on wood
Subject: Landscape, Animal
Vietnamese Paintings by Subjects
Vietnamese Paintings by Materials
Paintings of The Month
Dang Dinh Ngo
Size: 42cm*55cm | 16.5 inches*21.6 inches
Material: Oil on Canvas
Golden Season III
Giap Van Tuan
Size: 120cm*200cm | 47.2 inches*78.7 inches
Material: Oil on canvas
Hang Gai Street
Le Ngoc Ly
Size: 100cm*120cm | 39.3 inches*47.2 inches
Material: Oil on canvas
Truong Trong Quyen
Size: 80cm*120cm | 31.5 inches*47.2 inches
Material: Lacquer on wood
Chau Ai Van
Size: 100cm*100cm | 39.3 inches*39.3 inches
Material: Lacquer on wood
Welcome to a world where creativity and inspiration converge. Step into our art gallery and embark on a journey of wonder and discovery. With walls adorned with masterpieces that evoke emotion, captivate the senses, and push the boundaries of imagination, our gallery is a haven for art enthusiasts and connoisseurs alike. Whether you're a seasoned admirer of the arts or a curious passerby, you'll be transported to a realm where aesthetics, skill, and vision intertwine to create a symphony of visual expression. As you wander through our gallery, you'll be mesmerized by the diverse range of artistic styles, mediums, and perspectives on display. From bold brushstrokes to intricate details, from classical to contemporary, our collection is a testament to the power of human creativity. Our art gallery is not just a space for showcasing art, but a sanctuary that fosters appreciation, conversation, and connection. Join us in celebrating the beauty of art, as we showcase the brilliance of local and international artists who have poured their hearts and souls into their work. Whether you're seeking inspiration, seeking to expand your artistic horizons, or simply seeking to immerse yourself in a world of aesthetic marvels, our gallery is a haven that beckons you to indulge in the magic of art. Step inside and let your senses be awakened as you experience the symphony of colors, shapes, and textures that await you in our esteemed art gallery.
We've shipped thousands of museum-quality Vietnamese artworks to art lovers all over the world. Each one is hand-crafted by our team of expert artists & craftsmen and delivered safely to your doorstep.
Hundreds of independent artists from all over regions of Vietnam choose Nguyen Art Gallery to exhibit their paintings & artworks. Every order pays an artist! Support the emerging artists of Vietnam to create more and more!
We launched our gallery back in 2006 and have spent the past decade-and-a-half building Vietnam's largest online art marketplace.
Nguyen Art gallery is home to art materials. Oil on Canvas, Colored Pencils, Natural Wood, Acrylic on Canvas, Lacquer on Wood, Mix Media on Canvas, Print on Canvas, Pastel, Watercolor...
We have collaborated to international shipping partners running 24/7 and do not stop finding reliable brands to ensure you get the minimum shipping cost and delivery time. FedEx Express, DHL, TNT, UPS and many more.
We're the one and only Nguyen Art Gallery. Thank you for browsing the best Vietnam marketplace and supporting the visual arts!
Our Customers' Feedbacks
"Colors and Vibrancy!"
our painting came back today. We are very happy with it. It brings a lot of colors and vibrancy to the room. Hope you are well.
All the best, Robbie
"Great Way to Spend an Afternoon!!"
Dear Mr. Henry Le,
Nguyen Art gallery really deserves to be in the top 5 Galleries in Hanoi. We have visited a lot of galleries in Hanoi, but Nguyen Art Gallery is the last one. It was very beautiful. The artworks here are very unique, and we really loved it. Especially, we love "Portrait number 29" by Artist Mai Huy Dung and the story behind as well as the delicacy depicted in the artwork.
Once again, I want to give my appreciation to all of you!
Very Nice Art Gallery
Dear Ms. Sienna,
Sorry for my late reply. We have received the painting that we have seen on the website. It was really beautiful!
Firstly, we quite worried about the shipping as well as the painting's quality. Fortunately, it was fine. The painting was packed carefully and delivered on time. We also received both the sign of the Artist and the owner of the gallery.
We hung it in the middle of the living room. It’s so great and makes our living room cozier. Thuy, my wife said that the painting has brought the soul of Hanoi to USA :))
Once again thank Nguyen Art Gallery for this wonderful picture!
We will come back and buy a son mai painting in near future!
"Thanks! Nice Gift Again"
Dear Mr. Henry Le,
Very handy those wine holders. Imagine having couple a glasses infront the paintings at the fire place. What a kind of the feelings!
Thank you, Henry and who ever pack that art painting box. Pack so nice and carefully!
NGUYEN ART GALLERY HIGHLIGHTS
Vietnamese painting has a rich and vibrant history that spans over a thousand years. The earliest known Vietnamese paintings were produced during the Dong Son culture, which existed from around 700 BC to AD 100. These paintings depicted daily life scenes, as well as religious and mythological subjects.
During the Ly and Tran dynasties (11th to 14th centuries), Vietnamese painting flourished, with the development of genres such as landscape, portrait, and still life. Buddhist themes also became prominent during this period.
In the 15th century, Chinese influence on Vietnamese painting increased, particularly in the use of ink and brush techniques.
The 18th and 19th centuries saw the development of different schools of painting in Vietnam, including the Hue School, which was known for its use of bold colors and detailed brushwork, and the Hanoi School, which was more influenced by French Impressionism.
In the 20th century, Vietnamese painting continued to evolve, with artists experimenting with different styles and techniques.
If you are interested in exploring art galleries that showcase Vietnam paintings and wish to ensure the authenticity of your chosen artwork, consider the following steps:
- Artist research: Take the time to investigate the artist behind the painting, delving into their distinctive style and artistic techniques.
- Provenance inquiry: Request the seller to provide any documentation or records that establish the painting's origin and history.
- Signature examination: Look for the artist's signature on the artwork, as it serves as a significant indicator of its genuineness.
- Material assessment: Scrutinize the materials used in the painting, ensuring they align with the time period and artistic style associated with Vietnam paintings.
- Expert evaluation: Seek the opinion of an art specialist who can carefully examine the artwork and provide professional insight into its authenticity.
When it comes to Vietnam lacquer paintings showcased in art galleries, artists need to follow specific guidelines to ensure successful creations:
- Prioritize a well-ventilated workspace to minimize inhalation of toxic lacquer fumes.
- Wear protective gloves to safeguard against skin irritation caused by direct contact with the lacquer.
- Apply a high-quality primer as a foundation to enhance lacquer adhesion to the painting's surface.
- Layer the lacquer in thin coats, allowing ample drying time between each layer to prevent excessive thickness and subsequent cracking.
- Opt for top-notch brushes designed for lacquer application, maintaining their cleanliness and effectiveness.
- Approach the artwork with patience and precision, working diligently to achieve desired results.
- Allow the lacquer to fully dry before handling or exhibiting the finished painting in art galleries.
By adhering to these guidelines, artists can create captivating Vietnam lacquer paintings suitable for display in art gallery settings.
Vietnam is a treasure trove for purchasing Vietnam lacquer paintings, with various options available, including art galleries, markets, and street vendors. Here are some popular avenues to explore:
- Art galleries: Across Vietnam, numerous art galleries showcase a diverse array of Vietnam lacquer paintings, featuring the works of talented local artists. Notable galleries include the Nguyen Art Gallery in Hanoi, among others.
- Night markets: Vibrant night markets, often nestled in tourist areas, present an opportunity to discover paintings crafted by local artists. These bustling markets remain open late into the night, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the vibrant art scene.
- Street vendors: In bustling cities such as Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, you might chance upon street vendors offering a variety of artwork, including captivating Vietnam lacquer paintings. Engaging with these vendors can lead to unique finds.
- Fine Arts Museum: The Fine Arts Museum, an excellent destination for art enthusiasts, boasts an extensive collection encompassing both traditional Vietnamese styles and contemporary works. It serves as a hub for appreciating the beauty of Vietnam lacquer paintings.
Whether exploring renowned art galleries or meandering through vibrant markets and encountering street vendors, Vietnam offers a multitude of avenues to acquire and appreciate the enchanting world of Vietnam lacquer paintings.
Here are some of the current trends in Vietnamese painting:
- Modernism: Vietnamese artists are increasingly embracing modernism and exploring abstract art forms.
- Social Realism: Social realism still has a strong presence in Vietnamese art, as artists continue to document the lives and struggles of the Vietnamese people.
- Contemporary Art: Vietnamese contemporary art is gaining recognition globally, with many Vietnamese artists exploring new mediums and techniques.
- Urban Art: Graffiti and street art are becoming more popular in Vietnamese cities, with artists using public spaces to showcase their work.
- Folk Art: Traditional Vietnamese folk art, such as lacquer painting and silk painting, continue to be popular among both local and international collectors.
- Minimalism: Many Vietnamese artists are exploring minimalistic approaches to art, using simple lines and shapes to create powerful compositions.
- Expressionism: Vietnamese expressionism is characterized by bold brushstrokes, vibrant colors, and an emotional intensity that captures the spirit of Vietnam.
Overall, Vietnamese painting is a diverse and dynamic field that continues to evolve and grow.
Latest from our Art Blogs