Vietnam Artists, Sculptors Go On The Move
Artists, sculptors go on the move
Rock’n’roll: A photo by Nguyen Viet Thanh is on display at the exhibition.
HA NOI — An exhibition of well-known names in contemporary Vietnamese art opened yesterday in Ha Noi.
The show, titled Moving, includes work by two leading painters Thanh Chuong and Le Thiet Cuong and photographers Viet Thanh and Hai Thanh.
Through their choices of media, the artists explore the theme in different ways. In the painting Thuong Ngan (The Mountain), Thanh Chuong uses vivid colours and bold lines to depict the idea of the soul moving. The movement of the human body also features prominently in Chuong’s paintings Khoa Than (Nude), Tinh Yeu (Love) and Dieu Nhay Duoi Trang (Dancing under Moon).
In contrast to Chuong’s work, Le Thiet Cuong’s ten paintings are in black and white and focus on emotional movement. Photographers Viet Thanh and Hai Thanh snap moments from daily life.
One special exhibit includes two Vespa LX Piagio motorbikes decorated by the two painters, which will be sold at the online auction chodientu.vn/vespa via the website
The Vespa exhibition will run from Sunday in 29 Hang Bai Street, Ha Noi.
On October 4 the show will move to Friendship Culture Palace, where the fashion Moving in Style will take the stage for one night only, organised by Dep magazine and Piagio company.
The fashion event, the seventh of its kind includes four collections by designers Mai Lam, Do Manh Cuong, Vo Phan Huy and Le Ha.
Mai Lam’s collection Believer puts traditional beauty on the catwalk, while Cuong’s collection Fashion Victim is inspired by the Japanese Harajuku style. The two designers also took part in the Dep Fashion Show 6.
Two young designers Vo Phan Huy and Le Ha will also have their collections ready to go, with practical designs for daily life, according to designer Le Ha.
Moving in Style is directed by movie director Ngo Quang Hai. The director says he is incorporating the catwalk into scenes of the world’s leading cities in fashion: Paris, Tokyo, and Milan .
About 60 models from HCM and Ha Noi cities will perform at the show, which starts at 7.30pm. — VNS
- Exhibition “Angel In The City” – At Institut Français De Hanoi – L’Espace
- Watercolours Honour Heritage- In Hoi An And The My Son Sanctuary
- Contemporary Art Exhibition From Japan: WINTER GARDEN – In Hanoi And Ho Chi Minh City
- Designer Nguyen Cong Tri Invited To Exhibit In London Gallery- In London
- Exhibition “Light Of Kindness” – Vietnam’s Women Museum In Hanoi
- Exhibition “The Facebook Of Le Quang Ha” – Hanoi
- Vietnamese Painting Take Places Third In British Competition
- Coconut Tree Exhibition In Ho Chi Minh – By Ho Van Hung
- Art Talk At Vin Gallery – Ho Chi Minh City
- Thai Artist, Diplomat Collaborate
- The Ups And Downs Of Life As Seen By A Scottish Artist
- Young Artists Shake Up History To Rejuvenate Traditional Art Of Drama
- Memory Game Art Hits City In Vietnam
- Culture Palace In Hanoi
- Locals Get A Taste Of Mexican Flair
- Exhibition Showcases Malaysian Art
- Exhibition Celebrates Joyce’s Life Take Place In Hanoi
- City Exhibition Sheds Light On VN-Cuba Ties
- Vietnamese Olk Artist Dieu Kau Passes Away
- Local Installation Vietnam Artist Gets Prestigious Award